Mobile apps have evolved from a life-simplifying tool to a critical business necessity and growth factor in the ever-changing technology ecosystem. We used to have to rely on native technology to construct a solid app in the early days of mobile apps, but now we have a lot more options. Over the last five to six years, a slew of cross-platform frameworks has emerged. In the beginning, frameworks like Xamarin and Ionic were popular, and the tools have evolved with the arrival of React Native and, more recently, Flutter.
In terms of cross-platform app development, Flutter has recently grabbed the digital world by storm. But, given that there are other cross-platform development options, why should you select Flutter?
This blog will address all of your concerns. Let’s jump right in!
What is Flutter?
Flutter is a Google-developed open-source user interface software development kit that allows developers to create native-like apps for Android, iOS, Linux, Mac, Windows, Google Fuchsia, and the web with a single codebase. Its cutting-edge strategy enables a company to develop effective apps at a low cost and in a short amount of time.
Why Choose Flutter for Cross-platform development?
Flutter allows apps to fly. Due to the rapid shift in market trends, entrepreneurs and business owners are looking for a quick mobile app development solutions. Because of the fierce competition in the market, many start-ups and small businesses are compelled to publish their mobile apps as soon as possible. Flutter meets all of the requirements, which is why a rising number of development organizations are turning to Flutter for their mobile app needs.
Let’s look at a few of the many reasons why Flutter outperforms every other Framework available.
Easy to learn:
There is no such thing as a quick-to-learn toolkit or a real production-level language. Flutter, on the other hand, provides developers with simple and comprehensive documentation that includes several reference examples. You can save money on development costs by using a single codebase for different operating platforms.
Flutter includes a fantastic feature called “Hot Reload,” which helps the team to build apps faster, debug them faster, and experiment with mobile app development services. Developers can use this capability to track changes to code in real time.
Perfect for MVP:
Because there is constantly fierce competition, businesses and entrepreneurs must present their products to investors in a short period of time. Flutter allows you to create native apps for both Android and iOS, giving investors a clearer picture of how the final MVP would look.
Your app’s appearance is just as crucial as its functionality. Flutter provides a more appealing set of interactive designs/widgets, as well as comprehensive options for creating sophisticated bespoke widgets that may be utilized for both the application and the entire screen. Furthermore, the combination of Flutter with Material Design makes it easy to create a seamless and crisp app that gives users an excellent experience.
Although different technologies can be used for the backend, Flutter works very well with Firebase, which is one of the greatest eco-systems for constructing a mobile app in a short amount of time. Firebase is a Google-backed service that offers a variety of services including cloud storage, cloud functions, real-time databases, hosting, and more. Start-ups can save a lot of time and money on backend development by using Flutter app development.
Some Features that Bring Flutter to Boom
Before deciding whether Flutter is the appropriate solution for cross-platform app development, go over the following aspects of Flutter that set it apart from the competition:
- One of the most appealing features of Flutter is its new beta version, which allows developers to create different apps that run on multiple platforms using a single codebase.
- Flutter, developed by Google, is noted for its productivity and speed of development because it uses a highly efficient and portable GPU rendering UI that allows it to run on a variety of different and up-to-date interfaces.
- Flutter gives a mobile app development company complete control over the use of a variety of IDEs, including Visual Studio Code, XCode, and Android Studio.
- Google Flutter gives you extra options for putting up and structuring photographs and internet videos in your app, making it more fascinating, engaging, and interactive. This functionality allows developers to save a significant amount of time while developing apps and to create highly interesting apps without having to go through lengthy photo/video editing procedures.
- Flutter is a dynamic platform that can simply be inserted into your existing project, regardless of which platform it is built on.
- Flutter makes use of powerful APIs to make app animations appear cleaner, faster, and smoother. It keeps the animation clear and sharp because it employs a 2D GPU-accelerated API.
These days, cross-platform development is in vogue. Flutter is one of the most popular frameworks, and it is supported by Google, ensuring excellent documentation and ongoing development. It has a strong support community, a large number of out-of-the-box solutions, and a well-architected code structure that makes it simple to use. Flutter-based apps are less expensive to produce than native apps for two platforms.
As a result, Flutter seamlessly bridges the gap between native and cross-platform app development.
About Digital Crafters
Digital Crafters’ Flutter app development services deliver multi-platform apps with engaging user interfaces, flawless animations, and great performance. Flutter app developers who are skilled utilize this technology to code once and give a consistent experience across all devices.