Staff augmentation is gradually becoming a catchphrase in the IT employment market, enticing more large corporations to recruit remotely. Read on to know more about what staff augmentation is, what it entails, and how to make the most of it.
What is Staff Augmentation?
IT Staff Augmentation is an outsourcing technique that involves acquiring qualified technical employees from outside your company to temporarily or permanently cover open roles in your team. It enables businesses to select just those applicants who meet their needs and to downsize or expand their augmented teams as needed. A large number of companies provide staff augmentation. IT staff augmentation companies can assist you, supplement your in-house development team with qualified technical professionals on a short- or long-term basis.
IT staff augmentation is a subset of general staff augmentation. Staff augmentation is a sort of outsourcing service provided by an external supplier on a contract basis to supplement the current in-house team’s expertise and abilities. This technique entails assessing current employee capabilities and identifying what skills are required. These resources are hired directly by the vendor, which eliminates the expense and risk of creating new full-time personnel. Remote developers engaged through a staffing firm, on the other hand, are committed to just one project at a time.
Is Staff Augmentation Right for You?
It is right for you if –
- You already have engineers working on your product at your local office, but you’d want to expand your team by hiring a group of programmers to work on another aspect of it. You need to employ a team of 3-8 tech professionals, but owing to a skills scarcity in your area, it’s difficult. You recognize that local recruiting will take too long, and that, given the dangers and high market demand, this is not a realistic alternative.
- You’re working on a software project with a group of programmers, and you need to expand your staff with fresh engineers. Because the group of specialists you want to employ is uncommon in your nation, you’re trying to broaden your search.
- You work on your product with a project outsourcing business, but this model doesn’t work for you for a variety of reasons. First, you want to connect directly with your team on a regular basis, and second, you want to get to know your remote programmers so they feel like they’re a member of your local team. Both are necessary for remote teams to integrate with the local team and to be motivated to work toward a similar objective with you and your in-house team.
What are the Perks of Staff Augmentation?
- Exceptional Productivity; In contrast to a project outsourcing team, which may manage many projects at the same time, staff augmentation allows for a greater degree of efficiency since developers are 100% focused on a single project. Working for a single customer and adhering to their large vision entails a higher degree of drive and commitment.
- Security of IP Rights: All IP rights belong to you from the start of your collaboration with your dedicated developers.
- Flexibility: You become more adaptable on two fronts:
- From UI/UX designers and front-end developers to Scrum masters and product owners, you’ll have access to a diverse pool of IT specialists.
- It’s considerably easier to replace a developer because the talent pool is larger, and you won’t have to spend extra money on the transition if you work with a staff augmentation partner.
- Cost Efficiency: The cost structure of staff augmentation is quite apparent. You will not be responsible for any administrative or organizational costs, such as office space, workstations, or other facilities. You simply pay a price, and the vendor takes care of the rest, allowing you to focus on your core business operations.
Other Models vs Staff Augmentation
Staff Augmentation –
With the staff augmentation approach, you have complete control over the candidates you hire and the strategies you use to manage them. Essentially, the vendor handles all organisational and administrative tasks, allowing you to focus on your core responsibilities and engage with your augmented team in the same manner that you do with your in-house engineers.
Managed Services –
The project outsourcing company is responsible for all parts of your project’s development, from forming a team with available developers to overseeing all operations on their own. You don’t require any technical knowledge in-house or to devote time to your remote development team. Customers don’t always know who’s working on their project, what developers are doing right now, or which decisions are made along the process when they outsource it.
Own R&D Centre –
You can open your own R&D center in a nation with a more favorable business climate and a larger pool of tech talent if you need to hire at least 40 people. To open your own R&D center, you’ll need to research the country’s legal framework, learn about its culture, and take all of the risks on your own.
Digital Crafters’ Staff Augmentation Services
Digital Crafters offers flexible team augmentation services, so whether you need to employ one or twenty developers, or want to add additional tech specialists like QA engineers or technical writers to your team, we can assist. Your engineers will focus on your product development full-time, with no other projects to divert their attention. You’ll be in charge of managing your developers, so they’ll feel like they’re a member of the core team. An HR/Client manager will assist you in facilitating the process if an issue develops that you or your augmented team need to discuss.
Apart from increasing your local staff, we also provide a variety of value-added services to guarantee a seamless integration of your remote development team and to assist you in growing your business.