Email Marketing – The most effective way opted by businesses to reach prospects and customers directly. It is a dedicated and outgoing plan which is the opposite of inbound methods of search and social marketing. Marketing is not just about the goals for your business and your team, it is about communicating what you have in your business to your audience. Keeping your audience at the core is very important for successful marketing. Provide your audience with such experiences that delight and surprise them every time which eventually builds a brand reputation for sending only the best content.
Being the oldest digital marketing form, Email Marketing is often interpreted as outdated but businesses will miss out on so much if they avoid this tactic. Email campaigns are still widely used and have exceptional conversion rates if executed properly. There are several ways to find someone’s Email address and hence the ROI and targeting potential of Email campaigns are very high. This is the reason marketers always look for ways to enhance their Email engagement to optimize profits.
What is Email Engagement?
Email engagement is determined by how the recipients connect with your Emails. Some of the engagement metrics include click-through rates, reply rates, open rates and conversion rates. It is equally important for Email marketers and sales professionals as well. Sales representatives want the messages on the Email to be read and replied to so that they can discover approaching problems and provide solutions. The marketers want the campaigns to bring in conversions and make recipients take action commonly on the Email list. Let’s take a look at various tried and tested ways to boost Email engagement on your Email campaigns and prospective Emails.
- Write Irresistible Subject Lines: Undoubtedly, the subject lines are very important for obtaining Email engagement in both Email campaigns and cold Emails. It is the first impression for the recipient and also the deciding factor whether the Email gets opened. It was found in a study that the subject line with numbers and questions earned way more than the average open rates. More Email engagement is seen when the subject line addresses pain points, provides value, generates curiosity, generates FOMO and uses social proof. Some examples of compelling subject lines are –
- “Why [Company]? And why now?”
- “What would you do with [Number] more hours per week?”
- “5 things you didn’t know about [Topic relevant to prospect]”
- Segmentation and Personalization: Selling in today’s world requires a more personalized and targeted approach. Many studies illustrated the power of segmentation and personalization in Email campaigns. It was revealed in a study that the Emails sent consistently at a high volume produced lower reply rates. Whereas, the personalized templates sent in low volume seemed to be more effective. The marketers have found that Email revenue can increase by 760% from segmented campaigns. It is time to ditch the one-size-fits-all campaigns and adopt a targeted approach.
- Master the Art of Storytelling: Keeping your audience engaged is both an art and science. Stories have a very intellectual effect on our behavior and our brains and an ideal story is full of details, visuals and moves in real-time. It is more like making a move with words that will help in engaging your recipient and they will end up having more information with the story. For boosting Email engagement and enhancing your storytelling skills you should illustrate the main points, make them relevant, use presentations, combine facts with narratives, use metaphors and make connections.
- Follow the Email Formula: The key for a successful Email campaign is to get the Email formula right. Each and every line must convince the recipient to go on to the next one. The appropriate formula is –
- A Fascinating Opening
- Social Proof
Once you have got the right Email formula, save it as a template and reuse it. Present your idea with an eye-catching opening and create a chain of supporting sources, facts and benefits to create trust and convert attention into interest. At last, hook a CTA which will make it easy to move to the next step.
- Create a Unique Experience: Your recipients are getting tons of Emails that look similar. To achieve high Email engagement and getting responses, you need to create a unique experience that they will remember. One of the most powerful ways to do it is attaching a video to your Email which gives them a human connection. Out of the world’s internet traffic, videos account for more than 75% and studies show that by 2022, it will account for more than 82%. You can show your human side in a cold Email even without creating a perfect video. You will set yourself apart in no time with these unique ways.
Improve Email engagement by knowing what is working and what is not. The Email marketing campaign is effective when the subscribers are kept engaged. Follow the above tips to make the Emails more captivating and personalize them as per your subscriber’s needs.
About Digital Crafters
Digital Crafters is a leading digital marketing company offering multiple services including Email marketing and advertising. We ensure that the Emails crafted by us engage the customers and drive them to the conversion. The Email campaigns crafted by us create an online niche for the businesses and improve their relationships with the customers. We make a positive impact on the customers by providing the right content at the right time and designing the campaigns accordingly.
Write to us at email@example.com for a free consultation.